Before ArrivalBefore Arrival

Several formal matters should be taken into consideration when studying in Denmark. Learn more about what you should be aware of and where to get help to get settled in one of the best student capitals in the world.

During the introduction and welcome week we will arrange a visit to the Danish authorities in order to get all the paperwork solved.

​See our step-by-step guide on becoming an exchange student at University College Copenhagen

Below you will find useful links and information regarding your stay in Denmark as a Student.

Learn more at contains academic and practical information about working in Denmark, living expenses and what to consider in your budget, public transport and much more.

Quick facts
  • Non-EU/EEA citizens/ students who need visa, residence or a working permit will be contacted by the International Office in order to prepare the application. 
  • EU/EEA/Swiss citizens/ students staying for more than 3 months will need a EU registration certificate.
  • All EU/EEA and Non EU/EEA students staying for more than 3 months will need a Danish ID-number (CPR).
  • All Nordic students staying for more than 6 months will need a Danish ID-number (CPR)

Useful links

Below you can find a few useful links about Denmark and studying in Denmark.